Sunday, February 13, 2011

The start of a new journey!

I'm not sure exactly how to start this.  I rarely do, but I know I need to so here we go!

I've been wanting to make this first entry for about two weeks now, but I've kept letting things get in the way, and also avoiding it.

The biggest reasons I feel are the cause of this are:
1.  I haven't been exactly sure on what I wanted this blog to be and didn't have the vision which it needed.
2.  I've been putting other things before it, which is a bad habit of mine.  I struggle to define my priorities, and even once I do I have trouble staying true to that.  That's is going to be the focus for my personal development this week.  (but not this entry!) :)
3. Writing has always been difficult for me.  Not all of it, but parts of it.
Like beginning.  When starting a new paper I feel like I have to have something amazing right from the first line, and so I sit there and stare at a blank page while trying to figure out what it is I want to write.
I also falter at times when I have a partly formed idea which I either have a hard time completing in my mind or I'm struggling with putting it into the right words which will make sense.

So now that that's out of the way, I would like to formally introduce my new blog!

In search of Destiny!

What is Destiny?
I have always had a strong feeling that I have a great Destiny, and that I am going to do many great things!
To me Destiny is the life, mission, or path(whatever you may call it) that we are created to accomplish!
Fulfilling this mission will change the world!, the people we know, and most importantly, me!(or you!)
It will also bring joy and happiness.

    In case you still have some doubts as to what the concept of Destiny is that I am trying to portray, here are some examples of people who have fulfilled theirs:
    George Washington is such a huge hero of mine.  He is without a doubt the first American, and the man who was able to make it all happen. I could go on an on about everything that I find amazing in this man, but the main part is that what he did, leading the American colonies in the war against Britain, and being the first President of the United States made this country and all that it is today! Without him there would be no United States.
     Luke Skywalker helped his father fulfill his Destiny in bringing balance to the force, as well being a key player in fighting against The Empire.
    Another hero, and a personal mentor of mine, is Nephi.  Nephi was a young man when he left his nice home with his father and the rest of his family to travel to a new land to escape captivity from another nation.
Nephi had his struggles but he always seemed able to overcome them and deal with things in the best possible way. He became the beloved leader of his people and I feel that if it wasn't for Nephi, Lehi and his family never would have made it to the promised land.

So now that we know what Destiny is how do we find it?  What is my Destiny?  What is yours?
This is likely to be the most difficult question that a person can answer in this life.

    That is what I want this blog to be about.  The search for Destiny!
Not only mine, but yours too, and the things that we do to find it out.

I now want focus on some of my feelings and thoughts from a conversation that I had with a dear and trusted friend.
    The world sometimes feels like a depressing place.  You've seen many things to support that paradigm so we won't dwell there.  It can be hard for people like you and me to want to face another day when it seems like we are stuck in a rut and making no headway.
    I feel that everyone has an amazing Destiny that they need to fulfill.  You. Me. The person who you walked by today that you didn't say hello to. Everyone!
    There seem to be many who don't really care about life or what they do.  They are just here, alive but not really living. At least not living the life that they could be if they wanted to. They 'go with the flow' all their life.
    Some people don't aspire to be great or do great things because they don't believe in themselves. Or maybe they don't know what they can be.
I think that's it! ( <---Epiphany moment right here)
    They've never had their minds opened to know that they can be amazing! To be creators of great things or the bringers of new paradigms and ideas!
Everyone has greatness in them.  It needs to be awakened.  I believe in people.  I have seen the goodness that mankind can bring and it is within each of us.
    You need to know that you do have a Destiny.  They do too.  This greatness is a part of that.

I don't know all that my Destiny is.  In fact I probably know very little.  There are things that I do know.  Maybe I'll share some at another time.
If you feel like you want to take this journey of yours with me, the journey of finding yourself and your purpose, take about an hour and list the things in life that you LOVE.
    Write them down. Everything that comes to mind.  Like food.  Hobbies. Places or jobs that you have worked. Please don't list just things that you have done but the things you feel like you would like to do as well.
    You have passion for the things that you do because they feel like part of you. They are home. And they play a part in your Destiny so embrace them and learn more about them.  You will find out more about yourself too.

    This has turned out to be a bit longer than I wanted my first post, but these are the things that I feel will set the stage for what I want this blog to be.  I will cover a little of what I have written today in my post for this week which will have to do with some of my impressions I had after finishing a book I had been reading for a while.

    My plan is to write at least once a week to help me better understand myself along this journey...
In search of Destiny


P.S.  On the right is a list of the things that I want to do while alive!  I will update and put more things on there as I think of them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment