Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Lighthouse

Most families have problems.  Mine seems to have more than our fair share.


    When I was a teenager I struggled a lot with life.  I wished with all my heart that I had an older brother who was such an amazing role model that I could look up to and try to be like.  Someone who I felt I was able to go to to cry on, to confide in, and ask for help with the many problems that I was dealing with. A brother who was strong and faithful and would be an example of righteousness.
    (I didn't realize it for far too long thought that I did actually have an Older Brother to look up to, who would help me with all the things that I was dealing with and would always be there for me.)

    Last night as I lied awake in my bed thinking about my life and the current situation in my family it led me to reflect on those feelings that I had that long time ago.
I realized that the role that I so desperately wanted and needed those years ago, was in fact my own.

I am to be that big brother to my sisters!

Leah.  Emma.  Breanna.
    I promise to be the best brother that I can possibly be.  To be there when you need a shoulder to cry on.  To give you love when you need it the most.  To help you see your worth and how amazingly awesome you are. To be the person you can come to when you need advice, or comfort, or anything.
    I want to be your best friend.  We can do anything together and have a blast because we love being together so much! Let's spend more time together doing things we love.
    I will treat the women that I date with respect and kindness, so that you will know how you should be treated by other men, and know how to build wonderful relationships built on trust.
    I want you to be able to know what a righteous Priesthood holder looks like so that one day you will be able to find one who will take your hand and be married for Eternity in the Temple.
I know the Church is true and I love to see how you are trying your hardest to do what's right.
    You are each very different with wonderful strengths.  Use these to find joy and to become better friends with each other. I am so grateful that I can be your brother.

I write this to you, my beautiful sisters, with all the love that I have for each of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment